We use the information you provide about your company when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Plustar may contact you to provide you services associated with products you purchase through this site.
This document was last updated on January 26, 2009.
1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms: Plustar is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing Plustar's website, you acknowledge and fully understand Plustar's Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
The security of your personal information is important to us. If you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on any registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, call Plustar at 877-389-6637.
2. Participating Merchant Policies: Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in Plustar's services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It: Plustar collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, and with cookies.
Web Server Logs: When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- your internet protocol address
- the kind of browser or computer you use
- number of links you click within the site
- state or country from which you accessed the site
- date and time of your visit
- name of your internet service provider
- web page you linked to our site from
- pages you viewed on the site.
Plustar reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into a site that relies on third-party cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website.
Personal Information Use: Visitors to our website may be able to register for services and purchase products. When you register or purchase, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, account number or other relevant information. If you are purchasing a service, we will request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. For other types of registrations, we will ask for the relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- to fulfill your requests for services
- to protect ourselves from liability
- to respond to legal process or comply with law, or
- in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our web site.
5. Use of Web Beacons or GIF Files: Plustar's web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel GIFs – that allow Plustar to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Plustar may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. Plustar prohibits web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
6. The Option to Opt-Out of Communications from Us: We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our order form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by calling Plustar at 877-389-6637 . You may also opt-out of certain communications by writing to us at Plustar, 2650 Nova Drive, Dallas, TX 75229.
7. Changes to This Statement: Plustar has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
8. Contacting Us: If you have questions regarding our privacy statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this privacy statement or our general practices, please send your comments to: Plustar, 2650 Nova Drive, Dallas, TX 75229. Plustar will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.